Wardrobe tips aren’t just for ladies. It helps if you have a few staple pieces and do basic self-care so you are always looking your best. Here are some tips that you need to know to look and feel your best.
There are a few things we need to touch on so I made a couple of lists. Save this to your computer or phone as a reminder. First, we will start with what you can do to your body. I am not suggesting that you go get botox or anything crazy, these are just some basic to-do’s especially if you are jumping back into the dating pool.
- Skincare- Men, you should be washing your face and adding a moisturizer to your nightly routine too. There are a lot of men’s skincare brands available, do a little research and find something that will nourish your skin.
- Exercise daily- I recommend that my clients and everyone exercise daily. It’s good for your body and your mind. Go for a run or lift some weights a few days a week. Trust me she will notice and appreciate your effort.
- Teeth whitening- You should talk to your dentist about this first but doing a quick teeth whitening will enhance your natural smile. Having good teeth is a trait many women look for in a man.
- Fresh haircut- Keeping your hair and eyebrows well-groomed makes you look put together. Have a standing appointment at a salon or barber in your area every 6-8 weeks.
- Grow a beard- This one might not be for all of you but consider growing a beard. Women do love this rugged look on men.
Now that we have covered some basic to-do’s, here are a couple of staple items you can add to your wardrobe to keep your image looking sharp. This is quality over quantity. Well-tailored clothing will make you stand out.
- Good Shoes- Get yourself a pair of nice loafers that can go with any suit or any pants. You are going to want to make an investment in these so they will last you years. You can wear them to weddings, dinners, or to the office.
- Selection of Dress Shirts- You are going to need a few of these guys. Get at least 3 regular dress shirts (crisp white, light blue, and black) then get a couple that matches your eyes. You can’t go wrong if a shirt matches your eyes, this is always something to keep in mind when going on a date.
- Watch- Get a nice stainless steel or high-end watch. This is a piece that you will wear with any outfit and will look sharp. It doesn’t have to be expensive but it will last you longer if you do make that investment.
- Sunglasses- You will always look suave if you have the right sunglasses for your face. Do a little shopping and find what fits your style but keeping them timeless is a good rule of thumb. Think aviators or black in color.
- Dress Coat- Whether this is a pea coat or a trench coat either will be a stylish addition to your wardrobe. Go with a color that matches what you currently wear, maybe a nice wool coat in black, grey, or tan.
- White Tee & Denim- You can’t go wrong with a white tee and a pair of nice jeans. Women love a clean crisp look and this is a great casual outfit every man should have.
There you have it, a list of simple things you can do to easily update your look. If you want to expand outside of this list and do a complete wardrobe overhaul then let me know, I can help. I have a full list of image consulting services and can help you put your look together so the ladies will take notice.