If you are reading this you are probably a man in your 40s + or who is looking to get back into the dating world once again. Online dating was relatively new or didn’t exist at all the last time you were here. The landscape has changed (in more ways than one) and I am here to guide you through this new-age dating world.
Online dating isn’t all bad, there are pros and cons to this type of dating, so I want to make sure you have all the facts before you rule it out completely. Let’s start with the pros.
- You can meet someone from another part of the country or the world. Yes, there are some logistics to work out if you are thinking about dating long-distance. But maybe you both travel and this arrangement works out with your schedules. You now have a bigger dating pool, depending on what you are looking for.
- It’s easy to get started. You sign up, create a profile, and boom you are online dating.
- You can chat with women first before ever meeting them. Have conversations within the site or app to grow a meaningful connection before you ever have to pay for a date.
- You have options. There are so many dating apps and sites to choose from. Some are best for people who like to travel, some are great for deep conversations, and some are great for any religious affiliations you may have. There is a site for everyone.
- You get to decide the pace of the relationship. If you are looking to take things slow then you have that option with online dating. It’s best, to be honest, and tell her that is what you are looking for, but you can go as fast or slow as you’d like.
- Catfishing is real. Occasionally you may come across a profile that isn’t real or it’s owned by someone who looks nothing like their pictures. Unfortunately, It’s easy to steal images from the internet and create an online dating profile.
- You might need to build a stronger connection. Dating through a screen can be difficult. Some people prefer face-to-face interactions so this may affect how well you get to know someone or how much you both share with each other.
- There is still a lot you don’t know about someone. You get to curate the information in your profile to make you look as good as possible. So only learning the best of women may alter your expectations of the women you meet.
- It can be overwhelming. You now have a bunch of women on your phone screen who are potential matches. How do you know you are choosing the right ones to talk with or to date? Decision fatigue is real.
- Physical attraction plays a role. You may match with someone, and feel like there is a connection but when you meet them in person you don’t have the same feelings. They may not have used a current photo of themselves for their profile or maybe you simply don’t have that physical chemistry. It happens and is something to be aware of.
There are pros and cons to all types of dating. Dating in general can be so tricky. Just take it one step at a time and be patient. If you need help I am here for you. I want to see you happy and with the woman of your dreams. Book a call with me HERE.
Share this Post